Donnerstag, 18. August 2011

Ludum Dare #21 - 1 day left

There is one day left until Ludum Dare begins.  The last two weeks I prepared and trained for it.  Here is what I have done:


Pragramming like a nerd

What I did so far to learn stuff about Love2D
A good friend told me about the Love2D engine.  Since this engine is easy to use, based on lua and runs standalone on Windows, Linux and Mac I decided to use it.  Maybe some flash, javascript or other webbased stuff would be better but I don't care now, it's too late.

I prepared for some tile based 2d games like a jump'n run.  But I did only some basic stuff without sprites or anything else.  For leveldesign I will use PNG graphics.

Please note:  It was just training, I will code it again from scratch at the competition.


Painting stuff
A guy I painted in gimp


Nice games need some nice graphics.  That's why I can never make a nice game ;).  So I need some training at it and made some graphics and published them on a picasa album.  Though I use gimp but I'll use it like paint :).

Music and sound

Sound is easy.  Thanks to sfxrbfxr and audacity.  Much more complicated is music creation.  I found inudge where I made a nice song.   But unfortunatelly this tool is not able to generate audiofiles and so I can't use it for my games :(.   Now I will do some stuff in Milkytracker if I have enough time for it and will use A#, F, G, C as chords.

Livestream and updates


I will setup a live screencast from my computer.  Please don't expect good quality, I'm glad to be able to stream on Ubuntu using WebcamStudio but I don't trust in it very much.  Every second a screenshot will be saved, too.  After the competition I will merge them and generate a video.

Update messages will be posted here on http://neosam.blogspot.com and at the Ludum Dare Blog twice.


Since this is a word wide competition I will use english.  Normaly, I never speak or write english in real life, so it could and will be painful for all of us ;).  

1 Kommentar: